Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Drugstore and MAC Beauty Haul!

I have really been spending up a storm in the past 2 weeks so here are my recent purchases!
So first I have a Mint Julep Face Masque from the brand, Queen Helene. I've used it once on so far and I was really taken back by how tingly this felt during the first 2 minutes of this on my face. I honestly didn't notice a huge difference in softness of my skin or anything, but it smells nice and is nice and relaxing. It cost about $6.

Next I have a Morroccan Argan Oil Intensive Moisturizing Treatment by the brand, Organix. I bought this because I had ombre'd my hair a few months back and the ends are always super dry. I thought this might be nice substitute for my normal conditioner a few times a week. It smells really nice but I'm not sure that I notice a difference yet! We'll see. I believe this was around $9.


I bought a Milani Illuminating Face Powder in the shade Hermosa Rose because I used to have something similar but I ran out. One really odd thing about this is that it absolutely smells horrible. In the swatch below, it looks pretty orange, but it is not too pigmented. It's nice for a highlighter or for a light bronzer. I wouldn't say it is really something I will buy again because it was around $11 and for me, it is not really worth the price.


Next is a Wet n Wild blush in Mellow Wine. I have heard a lot recently about the great pigmentation of Wet n Wild products and I cannot disagree with this blush. One tap of your brush is really all you need. It looks a bit shimmery in the pan, but looks quite matte on the skin. The swatch looks a bit lighter than it actually is! For about $3.50 you cannot beat the price. I will have to go grab a few more colors!

I have really been wanting a Korres Lip Butter and I finally picked one up in Plum. The color is great dark red color and I really like how smooth the consistency is. I don't find it as moisturizing as I would have expected, but it looks really nice. I think it was around $12 and I bought it from my local Sephora.

I was looking for a nice everyday lipstick and of course I had heard tons about MAC's Hue. It is a nice smooth glaze finish. I really like how nice it wears throughout the day. It is a bit lighter than I expected, but it still looks beautiful on the lips. The picture is making it look a bit more nude and in person it is a bit pinker.


Next I have some MAC eyeshadows. I finally caved in and started my first eyeshadow palette. I thought about some colors that were often talked about in the YouTube world. I really thought I was making some great purchases but I honestly don't love all of them. From left to right I have Shroom (Satin), Ricepaper (Frost), Patina (Frost), Woodwinked (Veluxe Pearl), and Wedge (Matte). I am really disappointed with Shroom because I literally dug my finger into the pan and barely got any color. I am a big fan of matte eyeshadow and I really like Wedge for a crease shade. Ricepaper is a beautiful on the lids and I imagine that it would suit many skin colors. I have yet to use Patina, but the swatch looks like it could be a nice lid or crease shade as well. I think that Woodwinked is my favorite out of them all because its pigmentation is amazing! It looks so beautiful and luxurious on the outer corner, so I will definitely be looking more into the Veluxe Pearl finishes. 



Thanks for reading that super long post! I hope some of this information was helpful to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment