Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter and Birthday Beauty Haul

Hey everyone! So last weekend I went home to celebrate Easter with my family and we also celebrated my birthday which was on the 13th! I got some new goodies that I can't wait to share with you!


LEFT: L'Occitane hand cream TOP: J.R. Watkins foot cream RIGHT: Ahava body lotion.

First off I've got a few new hand/foot/body creams. First is the J.R. Watkins Rejuvenating Foot Cream. It smells of peppermint and claims to be 98.9% natural. Recently I have been trying to buy some more natural products to eliminate any skin irritants. In the warmer months I always get cracked heels so I wanted to try some foot cream. I have used this a few times and I would say its alright so far. I haven't noticed anything extraordinary yet! Next is the Ahava Mineral Botanic Velvet Body Lotion in Hibiscus and Fig. Before Easter I was in Ulta with my mom and we tried out this lotion. It smelled amazing but was pretty pricey. My mom surprised me with it by putting it in my Easter basket! I really like this because it feels really luxurious and I seem to smell it all day long when I use it. Lastly I picked up the L'Occitane Dry Skin Hand Cream with some birthday money I'd received. I have the smaller travel size version and I really like it. I usually avoid hand lotion because of how greasy it usually is. This is a huge exception! This hand cream is not greasy at all and sort of smells like baby powder. I really recommend this one!

LEFT: JASON Tea Tree Shampoo RIGHT: Neutrogena Hydrating Acne Treatment

Next I've got a few random products. Again with the natural organic kick, I picked up this JASON Tea Tree Shampoo. I have heard that tea tree oil is great for normalizing the scalp and this also claims to have all natural ingredients. I haven't used this yet, but I am excited to see if it makes a big difference. Next is the Neutrogena 3-in-1 Hydrating Acne Stress Control Treatment. I really love this product, and it is apparent by the two other bottles I have gone through. I put this gel on after I wash my face and it really dries to a smooth finish. I have really noticed a difference in how clear my skin has been. Even having quite dry skin, I never notice any flaking or anything when using this product.

From left to right: elf Blush in Candid Coral, Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, Sugar SPF 15 Lip Treatment, Sugar Rose SPF 15 Tinted Lip Treatment, Revlon Nail polish in Whimsical, Alien Eau de Parfum by Thierry Mugler, and a small makeup case from Forever 21

The last bunch of things are all makeup related. I picked up an elf Blush in Candid Coral and I find it really flattering on my pale skin tone. I could see this being flattering on many skin tones, and I'm really excited to try this with a tan. The next thing is a Real Techniques brush by Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo! This is the Expert Face Brush and I really have to say that now I understand the hype! For applying my liquid foundation, I usually use a Duo Fibre F50 brush from Sigma but now I don't even think I will ever go back. I find this brush really nice for applying my liquid foundation because it is really dense but also very soft. I really cannot wait to try out some more of them. Next are two Sugar SPF 15 Lip Treatments. One is the original and the other is a Rose Tinted Lip Treatment. I actually got these for free from Sephora for my birthday for being a Beauty Insider. I actually really enjoy these and  they are quite handy to just throw in your bag. Next is the Revlon Nail polish in Whimsical. I have been waiting for ages to get my hands on this and every time I look for it, it is out of stock. This nail polish is a sheer mint color with pastel blue and pink different sized sparkles. I am thinking that I will put this on over another mint green color that I have. Next is something I received from my birthday and I have wanted to try it out ever since I have heard Barbara from ThePersianbabe talk about this. It is the Alien Eau de Parfum from Thierry Mugler. I am in love with this perfume because it is unlike any other I have ever tried. The Sephora website says that the notes are Solar Accord, Jasmine Sambac, Green Notes, Cashmeran, Vanilla, and Transparent Amber. Honestly, I have no idea what any of that means but you have to go out and smell for yourself. I have to say that I can really smell the vanilla and jasmine. It is such a unique scent that I really think would turn heads anywhere. Laaaaaastly is a small makeup bag from Forever 21 that was only around $6. I needed a new one because the zipper on my other one broke. It is a perfect size to throw in your bag!

Here is the swatch for the elf Blush in Candid Coral. I told you it was beautiful!


Have you guys tried any new products that you are wanting to share? Leave a comment below and let me know! Sorry about the extremely long post!

xo
Teri

1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky! Love the blush, great blog! :)
    I am so a new follower, follow back?
    Xoxo thegreenraybans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete